WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP)?
- Platelet Rich Plasma is a kind of plasma that is supplied with platelets.
- Blood contains small constituents like red cells, white cells and platelets.The platelets circulating through the blood are most important in serving the purpose of clotting blood.
- Under normal circumstances, blood typically contains approximately 150.000-400.000 platelets, though in Platelet Rich Plasma this amount is increased to 1.000.000 platelets.
- Platelets and the liquid portion of the blood contain several factors that are essential for the reproduction and specialization needed for healing.
- Activation of platelet plays a major function in the process of wound, injury and soft tissue recovery.
- The principal of Platelet Rich Plasma is reuniting the natural act of healing of the body with high technology facilities.
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP) THERAPY?
- Platelet Rich Plasma, which is also known as PRP, is a kind of clinical treatment that is highly preferred as one of the options for a therapeutic and curative
hair restoration which is not deemed as a surgical operation.
HOW DOES PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP) THERAPY WORK?
Platelet Rica Plasma (PRP) therapy involves;
- With a special infusion set for collecting blood, a little amount of blood, approximately 20cc (about ¼ cup), from patient’s arm, is folded in the special PRP preparation tubes.
- Subsequent to centrifugation process, platelet rich plasma is divided and separated from the other elements of the blood .
- Approximately 3cc of rich platelet is acquired from the whole blood taken from the patient.
- Acquired Platelet Rich Plasma is injected to hypodermy with ultra-thin needles used in mesotherapy.
- After these steps, the sample is injected back into the scalp of the patient.
EFFECTS OF PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY TO BODY
- First reaction of the body to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells.
- Platelets which are filled with growth and healing factors, trigger repairment and attract the consequential assistance of stem cells.
- PRP’s natural healing process enhances the body’s efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets directly into the area in need.
- Besides by making a contribution to generation of new blood arteries, it strengthens the blood build up in the area.
- An interesting attribute of PRP is that PRP is a quite balanced mix of growth factors.
- Since the patient’s own blood is used, there is no risk of a spreading infection.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP) THERAPY?
- Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) therapy is based on dynamizing existing and new hair follicles.
- It includes hair growth factors that expedite growth of the hair follicles.
- It is highly recommended and a very effective treatment option in tissue generation and healing.
- For many years, Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) has been used favourably in many medical fields.
- Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) is wholely safe and natural process absolutely which gives reliable results since it is performed by using patient’s own existing cells that are not adjusted or converted, that’s why there is no chance of being rejected by your immune system.
- The application of PRP for hair restoration is one of the most frequently used treatment methods. Hair follicles that look lank, tarnished, broken and dry are stimulated with growth factors, as a result hair follicles become healthier and appears more shiny.
WHO SHOULD GET PLATELET RICH PLASMA(PRP) THERAPY?
- People having hair transplantation surgery,
- Complaining about hair loss, hair loss, hair malaise, in the treatment of dry, thin and limp hair.
- Men and women with male pattern alopecia(loss of hair from part of the head) can all benefit from platelet rich plasma therapy.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
- As PRP therapy is aimed at dealing with pain through recovery, it is a convincing method about having absolute and reliable results.
- One session of Platelet Rica Plasma(PRP) promotes an observable change, though occasionally multiple sessions are needed.
- Initial betterment may be seen in a few weeks, constantly increasing as the healing improves.
- PRP therapy is acclaimed to be very efficient in reducing pain and getting patients back into circulation.
- One session of Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) promotes an observable change, though occasionally multiple sessions are needed.
- As a clinic, we recommend 8 treatment sessions to our patients. Over 3-8 months, remarkable hair growth is clearly noticed.
THINGS TO CONSIDER AFTER PLATELET RICH PLASMA
- Platelet Rich Plasma is a kind of therapy applied in a clinical environment. After the treatment sessions, by considering suggestions from specialists a patient can return to his or her daily life.
- Following Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, skin rash may be seen in the applied area, however it will diminish by itself.
- After PRP therapy , appliance of creams with calming effects is suggested. Washing or cleaning the applied area is not recommended for 4-6 hours.
- It is not recommended to use cosmetic products for one day after the PRP treatment.
- It is not recommended to go swimming for one day following the PRP treatment.